9 out of 10 internet users look for information through search engines. When they search, they type in queries related to what they are looking for. It could be “buy tickets to Hollywood Studios”, “cheap hotel accommodations in Nashville”, or “used cars for sale”. These are called keywords.
Keywords lay the foundation for your SEO campaigns. If you use the right keywords for your campaigns, you will be attracting the right type of audience and lead them into the right stage of the customer journey. If not, you waste time, money, and effort.
Keyword research sets the stage for your SEO success. This involves more than just looking for search terms to use in a campaign. Effective keyword research is also about understanding how search terms match with the intent of users, the purpose of the site, and your client’s goals.
Interesting SEO Stats
– 68% of online experiences start with a search engine (BrightEdge)
– 0.78% of Google Searchers click on results from page 2 (Backlinko)
– 53.3% of all website traffic comes from organic search (BrightEdge)
– 92.96% of global traffic comes from Google search, Google Images, and Google Maps (Sparktoro)
– SEO drives 1000%+ more traffic than organic social media (BrightEdge)
– 69.7% of search queries contain four words or more (Ahrefs)
– 60% of marketers say that inbound (SEO, blog content, etc) is their highest quality source of leads (HubSpot)
– 80.54% of search queries contain two or more words (Statista)